May 21, 2020
Dear Family and Friends,
Today, we are just updating everyone with more information about yesterday’s email and we will not have new numbers. We have gotten a lot of support from our announcement yesterday and we thank you. Jones- Harrison is also thankful to be one of the early facilities to get whole house testing.
Some questions have come up that I would like to address:
- Who is getting tested?
- All residents of the nursing home and assisted living are getting tested. Also, all staff of the nursing home and assisted living are getting tested. This includes food service staff.
- When will we get results?
- Tests are being processed at different labs and therefore we do not have information on how long results will take to get. We anticipate receiving results in 3 – 5 days.
- Will we get notified of the results?
- We will notify you if there is a positive result. If results are negative, you will not get a call. We will send out communication to everyone after all results have come in.
- Will they test again?
- MDH plans to test next week and each week after for the next two weeks. Jones-Harrison will continue to test as needed in between and after MDH is done with their weekly tests.
- If a resident test is positive, they will not be tested until they have completed the 14 day isolation period. We will test them at the end of this time and continue to test until the results are negative. If a resident test is negative, they will be retested weekly thereafter, or immediately if symptoms arise.
- Staff who test positive will not be tested until after the 14 day isolation period. Staff who test negative will also repeat weekly tests unless symptoms arise.
Again, thank you for your support during these times and we will work to get you information in a timely manner. There will be no update this Monday; we will resume with an update next Thursday or once we have completed initial testing. We will be able to relay how the process went and a possible timeline for results. Jones-Harrison wishes everyone a nice Memorial Weekend.
Annette Greely, President/CEO