Jones-Harrison was founded in 1888 by members of the Woman’s Christian Association with a gift of land from Judge Edwin S. Jones and a financial bequest from Jane T. Granger Harrison for the purpose of caring for the aged. It is a private, non-profit corporation headed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The special care, programs and environment is made possible by contributions from individuals, foundations, corporations, and the many volunteers who dedicate their time and talents each year.
We are ideally located in a beautiful, residential neighborhood in Minneapolis on the southwest shore of Cedar Lake. Jones-Harrison is convenient to the Uptown area of Minneapolis and Lake Street as well as the Shops at West End with easy access to Highways 7, 100 and 394.
Jones-Harrison is dedicated to continuing our more than century-long tradition of offering innovative programs and supportive services to older adults in a loving, gracious setting.
We owe our existence, longevity and virtually unmatched level of care to the people who contribute here every day. As a result, we are committed to:
Our Employees: To provide opportunities for growth and recognition
Volunteers: To recognize their gifts of time, talent and support
Our Community: To be an active and involved good neighbor
Our Non-Profit Purpose: To be a good steward of resources